Sunday, March 1, 2015

Kristeva Revolt, Kelsey

I found Kristeva's piece on "New Forms Of Revolt" to be pretty confusing honestly, probably because I don't have a strong philosophy background. From what I got out of it, I think she's comparing two types of revolts, a sort of external one and internal one. She cites of revolt is traditionally thought of in terms on one political regime replacing another without any real sort evaluation of the values upheld by politics. She also refers to the latter as a cultural revolt and says that it "poses the question of another politics, one of permanent conflict"(10). She claims that this sort of revolt has to do with writing, poetry, art and thought and less to do with classical politics. This sort of revolt moves the placement of value from order and return to conflict and possibility. It's a deconstructive revolt that resists aiming at one certain truth.

I was very confused by how she related Freud and psychoanalysis into theories of revolt. Maybe it has to do with how we come to know things and how we come to understand the world as thinking subjects?

No comments:

Post a Comment